Connect with us


Top Jaish bomb maker killed in south Kashmir’s overnight operation.



Srinagar: A top commander of Jaish-e-Mohammed Munna Lahori was killed on Saturday morning in an overnight gunfight with security forces in south Kashmir’s Shopian district. An associate of Munna Lahori, yet to be identified, was also killed in the same operation. Munna Lahori, also known as Bihari, was from Pakistan and is accused of plotting several IED attacks in the south Kashmir region.


The 19-year-old Pakistani national had crossed over to Kashmir from Pakistan last year and is reported to have led the terror group’s use of bombs in vehicles, a tactic that could let them carry out attacks without risking their lives. Security officials say he had turned into some sort of an expert in making explosives and fitting them in vehicles for maximum impact.

Jaish had also used him to brainwash youngsters in the Kashmir valley and recruit them to the terror group.

Police said Saturday’s huge success came after a cordon and search operation was launched by security forces in Banday Mohalla Bonbazar area of district Shopian. During the search operation that started late last evening, Munna Bhai and Zeenat-ul-Islam fired at the search party. “The fire was retaliated leading to encounter,” a police statement said. It continued all night.

Munna was also involved in vehicle bomb attack on a convoy of security forces on March 30 at Jammu and Kashmir’s Banihal.













Woman, three children die in fire in UP village



Banda, Dec 26 : Three children and their mother were burnt to death in a fire which spread from a bonfire in Dubey Purva Mau village in Banda district of Uttar Pradesh.

Additional Superintendent of Police, Mahendra Pratap Chauhan, said, “Kallu, a resident of Dubey Purva village in Marka police station area in Banda district is a daily wager from Jaipur, Rajasthan. He lived there along with his wife and three children. The sparks emanating from the bonfire lit due to the cold gutted the entire house. Possible other reasons behind the fire are also being probed.”

According to the locals, the villagers raised an alarm when they saw the flames engulfing Kallu’s house. By the time they were able to break open the door, the entire house had turned into rubble. There was only burnt debris and smoke everywhere. On receiving information, the police arrived and the fire brigade too reached the site.

Villagers said the mother and her three children were burnt to death in the fire in the kuccha house which began from a bonfire. The police and the fire brigade personnel put out the fire and removed the bodies from the rubble.

The Sub-Divisional Magistrate said prima facie the cause of the fire appears to be the sparks from the bonfire. But only an investigation can confirm the actual reason.

Continue Reading