It is always fun to have some outdoor time with children, but ensuring that they are safe from the sun is very important, say experts.
Rajesh Vohra, CEO – Artsana India, in assistance with Chicco Baby Research Center, shared some tips:
* Apply sunscreen: Make the usage of a sunscreen a must before stepping out. Your toddler’s skin is sensitive and needs attention, especially during the peak summer. A layer of protection against UVA, UVB and infrared rays on toddler’s skin should be the agenda. Look for features like broad spectrum, water resistant and easy to apply.
* Sunglasses: Try to protect your baby’s eyes and skin from direct exposure of sun. It is essential to make sure that your baby wears sunglasses.
* Wear protective clothing: Find wide-brimmed hats, full-sleeved clothes with comfortable fabric.
* Seek shade in extreme sunlight: Whenever the sun is at its peak and temperature is high, it’s good to keep babies in the shade to avoid sunburn.
Sharmila K, Senior Consultant Neonatologist and Pediatrician, Apollo Cradle Jubilee Hills, suggested:
* Prickly Heat: The most common skin problem an infant can get because of clogging of skin pores and accumulation of sweat. These can be controlled by frequent application of lotions such as calamine or a moisturiser, especially on the skin folds, like neck, thighs, groom area behind knees and elbows.
* Sunburns: Any child over 6 months with sensitive skin needs proper sun protection. Infants are recommended to stay indoors. Older kids (1-5) should have sunscreen applied at regular intervals and use of hats and shades should be encouraged.
* Dehydration: While breastfed babies are safe due to intake of mother’s milk, infants who are formula fed or have started consuming food must be given extra water after food. To avoid dehydration, they can be fed the fruits with high water content like watermelon and oranges at regular intervals.
* Fevers: Fevers are most common in newborns during summer. Over-wrapping them should be avoided and they should be clothed loosely. When you notice a temperature rise in the kids, give them a bath. This cools the baby immediately.
* Diarrhoea: Loose motions in exclusively breastfed baby is uncommon. Babies who are fed food or water are more prone to stomach infections. If there is blood in stools, visit the doctor immediately as it might be dysentery and would need antibiotics.
Does eating mango actually increase weight? Beneficial or harmful for health?
There is often a dilemma in the minds of mango enthusiasts whether eating mango actually increases weight?
Senior nutrition and health expert Soumya Shatakshi has described the ways of eating mangoes and the things to remember while eating it.
Mango is not a complete diet but mines various nutrients such as vitamin A, iron, copper and potassium.
Mango is an energy-giving food that provides abundant sugars to the body which helps in increasing the energy level of the body and keeps you energized throughout the day.
It is a storehouse of Vitamin C which increases the body’s immunity and fiber is also found in plenty in it.
Eating too much can also prove to be harmful to health.
A medium-sized mango has about 150 calories. Eating more calories than necessary will increase weight.
Sachin Pilot sacked as Deputy Chief Minister, also removed from party post
ICMR started Human Trials For COVID Vaccine With 1000 Human volunteers.
Common facility centers will be opened in villages for small industries in UP
UP CM Yogi asks officials to confire sanitation drives in public places during mini lockdown.
The Screenshot of social media to rape threat shared Shaheen Bhatt; which she received on Instagram.
China posted video showing India fear of hydrogen bomb
These 5 things help to fight the corona virus, use it today!
Snacks industry expects Rs 35,000 crore revenue loss in FY21 due to COVID-19.
India-China faceoff : Economic boycott of Chinese products
MG Hector is India’s first Internet car, Car with an exhaustive feature.
‘India’s Most Wanted’ trailer out Arjun Kapoor on hunt of Osama-Bin-Laden
Time to move on: Sonakshi on Shatrughan’s joining Congress
Kangana’s sister Rangoli cheers for Deepika’s ‘CHHAPAAK’
Chitrangda Singh & Sana Khan BOLD Avatar .See video
Films more important to me than fame says Janhvi Kapoor
National1 day ago
PM online interacted with Google CEO Sundar Pichai on Monday;Discuss about agriculture, online education.
Business1 day ago
Opportunity in disaster PM say but it come’s to true by Hriday Pai in Manguluru.
Feature2 days ago
Apart from physical problems, noise also causes behavior problems in people
Business1 day ago
US Giant Qualcomm Inc invests in Reliance Jio,13th gaint deal with RIL in this corona epidemic.
Feature13 hours ago
Congress party is trying to save its government in Rajasthan, Sachin Pilot made three demands
Business1 day ago
Mini Lockdown:Know how and how long the shops will open?,New Guideline released in Lucknow.
Corona2 days ago
U.P Government finds this way to deal with corona virus infection
Entertainment2 days ago
Mirzapur 2 Web series : The show is ready and now dubbing has started