Connect with us


Shah Rukh must compensate for Vadodara death, says Manoj Tiwari



shahNew Delhi: The BJP on Tuesday demanded that Shah Rukh Khan come forward and compensate the family of the man who died at Vadodara railway station during his promotional tour of the movie “Raees”.”I appeal to brother Shah Rukh Khan to come forward and compensate the family properly (of the man) who died at Vadodara railway station on Monday, and also condole with them as it all happened in his gathering,” Delhi Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) unit President Manoj Tiwari told reporters here.

Tiwari’s remarks came in the wake of the death of Farid Khan Pathan of Vadodara, who died at the station as a large number of fans went berserk trying to catch a glimpse of Khan.Two other persons were injured in the incident. The huge crowd thronged the railway station to see Khan on Monday night as he was travelling to Delhi on the August Kranti Rajdhani Express from Mumbai to promote his film that will be released on Wednesday.

Police had to use lathis to disperse the crowd, that caused injuries to some people on their heads and faces.The BJP MP from northeast Delhi also defined the death of Pathan as an unfortunate incident and said: “It is a very unfortunate incident and death of anybody is painful.”Tiwari also appealed for checking of security arrangements and avoiding any security lapses caused due to a celebrity.”Even the security agencies should ensure that proper orders have been issued prior to this kind of event,” he said.Earlier in the day, Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu ordered a probe into the death of Pathan.



How Yogi Adityanath supervised UP hostage operation




Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath himself took over the reins of supervising the rescue operations of the hostage drama that unfolded through the intervening Thursday-Friday night.

Adityanath, who convened a late night meeting of top civil and police officials at his official 5 Kalidas Marg residence, is said to have given a piece of his mind to the district officials in Farukkhabad through video conferencing.

He is believed to have pulled up the officials for “wasting four hours doing nothing” to rescue the 23 children who were held hostage in Kasriya village by a criminal.

The Chief Minister also made sure to coordinate with the Centre for NSG commandos and directed officials to send ATS and QRT teams to Farukkhabad.

Adityanath ended the meeting only after 1.30 a.m. on Friday when the captor was killed and the 23 children safely rescued.

One of the officials who attended the meeting said, on condition of anonymity, “I have never seen the chief minister is such an angry mood. The idea of 23 small children being held captive upset him to a great extent.”

Sources said that a few heads were likely to roll in the coming days in Farukkhabad because the chief minister was upset at the manner in which the officials dealt with the situation.

Continue Reading