Connect with us

Home

Manish Pandey International career is in danger: Expert Akash Chopra

Published

on

Former India opener Aakash Chopra expressed his delight on the maiden call-ups of Suryakumar Yadav, Ishan Kishan and Rahul Tewatia in India’s T20 squad against England but said Manish Pandey’s limited-overs career might be in danger as he did not find a place in the team announced by BCCI on Saturday.

Pandey, who was part of the Indian limited-overs side in their last series in Australia, was not named in India’s squad for the five-match T20 series against England, which also marked the return of Rohit Sharma and Rishabh Pant.

“Manish Pandey’s name usually features (in Indian limited-overs teams). This brings a question mark over his (international) career because he anyway doesn’t get many chances in the XI and now you are again looking at Pant and other options,” Chopra said in his YouTube channel.

While there no was no official word on the reason behind dropping Pandey from the squad but it does appear that the Karnataka right-hander is yet to regain his fitness from the tennis elbow injury he picked up during the Australia tour, which had also ruled him out of the Syed Mushtaq Ali T20.

Pandey did not feature in the Karnataka XI that lost to Uttar Pradesh in the opening match of the Vijay Hazare Trophy on Saturday despite being named in the initial squad.

Apart from Pandey, Sanju Samson was another big one to miss out on selection for the England series. Chopra said it was a bit hard on the young wicket-keeper batsman who failed to make his chances count.

“Two big names which are missing are of Sanju Samson and Manish Pandey. Samson did get his chance with the bat but it did not go well for him. And that’s the problem of T20. It’s very difficult to do well in that format. So Samson has paid the price. He showed glimpses of what he can do but he couldn’t carry on,” Chopra said.

The former India opener was delighted as the Indian selectors decided to reward consistent domestic and IPL performance of Suryakumar Yadav, Ishan Kishan and Rahul Tewaita.

“I’m absolutely delighted Suryakumar Yadav, Ishan Kishan and Rahul Tweatia have been selected and they are now in the T20 scheme of things,” he added.

India decided to rest first-choice seamers Jasprit Bumrah and Mohammed Shami for the England T20Is.

“India have done the work management well. Bumrah has to play the IPL and then the world cup. So it’s a long long season ahead. There is a five-Test series in England as well, So you really have to manage the workload.

“Shami has started to bowl again but the has been rested probably because the T20s are back to back. The turn around time for 5 T20s are quite less,” Chopra added.

Corona

After donating Rs 50 lakh to CM relief funds, actor Rajinikanth urges everyone to follow Covid safety guidelines

Published

on

Superstar Rajinikanth on Monday met Tamil Nadu chief minister MK Stalin in Chennai to extend his support to the state’s effort to battle the second wave of coronavirus. The superstar also contributed a sum of Rs 50 lakh to the Tamil Nadu Chief Minister’s Relief Fund. Last week, the newly-elected chief minister had appealed to the public and the private organisations to generously contribute towards relief work during the Covid-19 pandemic.

I request people to follow all the safety guidelines laid down by the government. Only then we will be able to defeat the coronavirus pandemic,” Rajinikanth told reporters after meeting with the chief minister.

And answering Stalin’s appeal, the who’s who of the Tamil film fraternity have been making significant contributions to the CM’s fund. Earlier, Ajith donated Rs 25 lakh and Suriya along with his father Sivakumar and brother Karthi gave a combined cheque of Rs 1 crore for the fund. Director AR Murugadoss ( Rs 25 lakh), actor Sivakarthikeyan (Rs 25 lakh), director Vetri Maaran (10 lakh), actor Jayam Ravi, his brother Mohan Raja and their father Mohan (made a joint donation of Rs 10 lakh), Soundarya Rajinikanth, her husband Vishagan and father-in-law SS Vanangamudi (together donated Rs 1 crore), Sun Pictures (Rs 30 crore) and many others have already contributed to the state’s relief fund.

Continue Reading
Advertisement Live Uttar Pradesh

Trending