The Youth Congress has now got an official president after more than a year. Sonia Gandhi on Wednesday appointed B.V. Srinivas as the chief of the Congress’ youth wing.
Srinivas had been discharging his duties as an interim chief after the resignation of Keshav Chand Yadav from the post, who was mired in controversy. However, in his resignation letter on July 7, 2019, Yadav said he was resigning following the defeat of the party in the Lok Sabha elections. Yadav hails from Deoria in Uttar Pradesh.
Sources said Srinivas has been rewarded for his hard work during the pandemic and migrant crisis.
He is from Karnataka’s Shimoga, the same district as Karnataka Chief Minister B.S. Yediyurappa, who is the MLA from Shikaripura in Shimoga district.
This is the first major appointment by Sonia Gandhi after the demise of Ahmed Patel.
Woman, three children die in fire in UP village
Banda, Dec 26 : Three children and their mother were burnt to death in a fire which spread from a bonfire in Dubey Purva Mau village in Banda district of Uttar Pradesh.
Additional Superintendent of Police, Mahendra Pratap Chauhan, said, “Kallu, a resident of Dubey Purva village in Marka police station area in Banda district is a daily wager from Jaipur, Rajasthan. He lived there along with his wife and three children. The sparks emanating from the bonfire lit due to the cold gutted the entire house. Possible other reasons behind the fire are also being probed.”
According to the locals, the villagers raised an alarm when they saw the flames engulfing Kallu’s house. By the time they were able to break open the door, the entire house had turned into rubble. There was only burnt debris and smoke everywhere. On receiving information, the police arrived and the fire brigade too reached the site.
Villagers said the mother and her three children were burnt to death in the fire in the kuccha house which began from a bonfire. The police and the fire brigade personnel put out the fire and removed the bodies from the rubble.
The Sub-Divisional Magistrate said prima facie the cause of the fire appears to be the sparks from the bonfire. But only an investigation can confirm the actual reason.