Connect with us

Business

Mobile game PUBG re-entering India market with Indian subsidiary and a new game.

Published

on

Mobile gaming enthusiasts who were waiting for PUBG Corporation to make India come back on Friday (November 20), may have to wait a little longer. Though PUBG Corp had officially confirmed that it is re-entering India market with the creation of an Indian subsidiary and a new game, the company had not specified any date. A lot of rumours had flooded the online platforms that the new game could be launched on Friday. However, there seems to be no official confirmation yet on the date of launch of the new game. Till the time of writing this news piece, there has been no official word.

Without divulging the exact launch date of PUBG Mobile India, had in a teaser video released last week revealed that the comeback is going to be even more engaging.

PUBG has said that it is preparing to launch PUBG Mobile India, a new game created specifically for the Indian market. The Indian subsidiary will hire over 100 employees specializing in business, e sports, and game development, PUBG Corp said. In addition to establishing a local office, the company will look to actively collaborate and leverage local businesses to strengthen its gaming service, it added. The company also revealed plans to provide a secure and healthy gameplay environment alongside investments to cultivate local video game, e sports, entertainment, and IT industries.

With its South Korean parent company Krafton, Inc., PUBG Corp also plans to make investments worth $100 million in India to cultivate the local video game, e sports, entertainment, and IT industries, the company said. The immensely popular Player Unknown’s Battlegrounds (PUBG) Mobile app was among the 118 Chinese apps that the Indian government banned in September over national security concerns. To get the ban lifted, PUBG Corp made the decision to no longer authorize the PUBG Mobile franchise to China-based Tencent Games in India.

To assuage privacy and data security concerns, PUBG said it will conduct regular audits and verifications on the storage systems holding Indian users’ personally identifiable information to reinforce security and ensure that their data is safely managed. To build and foster a healthy gameplay environment, in-game content will be improved and tailored to reflect local needs, it added.

Various aspects of the game will be customized for Indian gamers, such as the game now being set in a virtual simulation training ground, new characters automatically starting clothed, and green hit effects to reflect the virtual nature of the game. The company will include a feature that places restrictions on game time to promote healthy gameplay habits for younger players.

Continue Reading

Business

447 cases of adverse effect reported,Covid-19 vaccine given to 2,24,301 beneficiaries :Govt.

Published

on

A total of 2,24,301 beneficiaries have been inoculated with COVID-19 vaccine so far, out of which only 447 adverse events following immunisation (AEFI) were reported, the Union Health Ministry said on day two of the nationwide vaccination drive on Sunday.

Addressing a press briefing, the ministry’s Additional Secretary Manohar Agnani said out of the 447 adverse events following immunisation, only three required hospitalisation.

“Today being Sunday, only six states conducted vaccination drive and in 553 sessions a total of 17,072 beneficiaries were vaccinated,” he said.

The six states where the vaccination drive was carried out on Sunday are Andhra Pradesh, Arunachal Pradesh, Karnataka, Kerala, Manipur and Tamil Nadu, he added.

Agnani said a total of 2,24,301 beneficiaries have been vaccinated till January 17 as per provisional reports, adding that 2,07,229 of them received the jabs on day one of the drive.

“A total of 447 AEFI have been reported on January 16 and 17, out of which only three required hospitalisation. Most of the AEFI reported so far are minor like fever, headache, nausea,” he said.

He said a meeting was held with all states and union territories on Sunday to review the progress of the drive, identify bottlenecks and plan corrective actions.

Prime Minister Narendra Modi rolled out the world’s largest inoculation drive against COVID-19 on Saturday and said the two vaccines being deployed will ensure a “decisive victory” for India against the pandemic.

India has approved two vaccines—Covaxin developed by Bharat Biotech and Covishield from the Oxford/AstraZeneca stable being manufactured by the Serum Institute of India—for emergency use in the country.

According to the government, the shots will be offered first to an estimated one crore healthcare workers and around two coror frontline workers, and then to persons above 50 years of age, followed by persons younger than 50 years of age with associated comorbidities. PTI

Continue Reading

Trending