Connect with us

Entertainment

CBI: We are conducting probe into Sushant case professionally

Published

on

Days after Vikas Singh, lawyer of Sushant Singh Rajput’s family, sought updates in the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) investigation, the federal agency on Monday said it was conducting the probe looking at all angles in a professional manner.

CBI spokesperson R.K. Gaur said in a statement, “The CBI is conducting professional investigation related to death of Sushant in which all aspects are being looked at and no aspect has been ruled out as of date.”

He said, further investigation is in progress. The remarks came after Singh, addressing a press conference last week, said that the Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) probe is overshadowing and hindering the investigation to bring out the real truth in Sushant’s death case.

Addressing a press conference on Friday , Singh had said, “Why call the whole of Bollywood? There are no seizures from these people who have been called today or tomorrow. In an NDPS case, everything depends on the quantity, the family feels it is being done to divert from the main issue (death case of Sushant).”

The senior advocate further stated that media attention was being diverted from the case by calling the big stars. “CBI has not issued a single press statement regarding the probe and the direction in which the investigation is going is a little worrying for the family,” Singh said.

He also alleged that more than a week had passed since the CBI team probing the case landed in Delhi but they haven’t met the team of doctors at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS).

“Today we are completely helpless on the case as no one from the CBI is doing any press briefing. It is the lack of interest and the speed with which the case is going that is worrisome,” Singh said.

Claiming that one of the doctors from the AIIMS team suggested it’s a murder case, Singh said, “One of the doctors in the team of AIIMS suggests it is 200% death by strangulation and not a suicide. This is after photos clicked by Sushant’s sister Mitu were shared with him.”

“If there is a case of murder then obviously the speed, tenor of the investigation will be different. Unfortunately none of the family members were staying with Sushant and hence we don’t know what exactly happened,” he said.

The CBI registered a case on August 6 after the notification from the Centre over the Bihar government’s request.

The CBI SIT team went to Mumbai on August 20, a day after the Supreme Court gave the federal agency a go through in the case.

Bollywood

NCB files charge sheets in drugs case, 33 accused including Rhea Chakraborty

Published

on

Google

The Narcotics Control Bureau is going to file a charge sheet in the special NDPS court on Friday in the drugs case which came to light during the investigation of the demise of Bollywood actor Sushant Singh Rajput. The charge sheet contains more than 12 thousand pages, with the names of several paddlers and witnesses. 33 accused including Riya Chakraborty have been made in the charge sheet. His girlfriend Riya Chakraborty and her brother Shouvik Chakraborty, who were his girlfriends in the last days of Sushant, are also accused in the drug case. Both are currently on bail after being in jail for several days.

On June 14 last year, Sushant Singh Rajput’s dead body was found at his Bandra residence. CBI investigation is underway for Sushant’s death. At the same time, the Enforcement Directorate has investigated the allegations of financial misappropriation in Sushant’s accounts. In this sequence, the drug connection was revealed through WhatsApp chats, which was followed by the entry of the Narcotics Control Bureau. NCB arrested Riya Chakraborty, Bhai Shouvik Chakraborty, Dipesh Sawant and Samuel Miranda in this case. However, all have been granted bail. Riya got bail from the Bombay High Court after spending almost a month in jail. Riya is also the headmistress of the Sushant Death case, which is being investigated by the CBI.

NCB director Sameer Wankhede is going to file a charge sheet in the NDPS court. The NCB charge sheet named 33 people, one of whom is Riya. At the same time, the names of 200 witnesses are there. There are more than 12 thousand pages in the charge sheet, while there are around 50 thousand digital pages. Many drug peddlers and other names are also on the charge sheet. The drugs case was filed in August last year. After this, the NCB started a thorough investigation, with the arrest of the drug peddlers, the names of several celebrities were also called, which the NCB called for questioning from time to time. Deepika Padukone, Shraddha Kapoor, Rakul Preet Singh and Sara Ali Khan were interrogated by the NCB. The two were also questioned by the NCB following the arrest of Arjun Rampal and his live-in partner Gabriela Dimitriades’s brother.

Continue Reading

Trending