Connect with us

National

Pragya Thakur in Defence Ministry panel led by Rajnath, Congress objects

Published

on

New Delhi: A controversy erupted after Malegaon blast accused and BJP MP from Bhopal Pragya Singh Thakur was nominated to the parliamentary consultative committee of the Ministry of Defence. The Congress on Thursday hit out at the Narendra Modi-led government, saying, it was irony that such a person has been given place instead of opting for clean leaders from its flock.

Congress Secretary Pranav Jha said, “It is irony that such a person has been named in the Defence panel by the government.”

Jha said such people are not given places in other parties but the BJP has brought her in.

“Bringing such people, against whom the cases are going in court is not good for democracy. Everything is not guided by the Constitution but some decisions are taken on moral grounds too,” the Congress leader said.

“The BJP had won 303 seats and they have multiple options and many of whom are clean, with no cases against them. They should have been nominated in the Defence panel,” Jha added.

The Congress leader’s remarks came after the government nominated Thakur in the 21-member parliamentary consultative committee of the Ministry of Defence led by Defence Minister Rajnath Singh.

The government nominated Thakur in the panel on October 31 this year.

Thakur, who defeated Congress heavyweight Digvijaya Singh in the Lok Sabha elections earlier this year had stirred controversy on a number of occasions in run up to Lok Sabha elections.

She had landed in a major controversy when she called Nathuram Godse, who assassinated Mahatma Gandhi, a patriot.

The BJP had issued a show cause notice to Pragya over the remarks.

Thakur had also stirred controversy by saying that then Mumbai ATS chief Hemant Karkare had died during the 26/11 terror attack because of her “curse”.

Corona

Meerut private hospital sealed for offering fake corona negative report.

Published

on

The Meerut chief medical officer ordered an investigation based on a video showing an employee making such an offer.

The licence of a private hospital in Meerut district has been suspended after a video showing its staff member providing fake Corona report in return for money, went viral on the social media.

Anil Dhingra, District Magistrate, Meerut, said, “A video had gone viral in Meerut. We have registered a case in this regard and we have suspended the licence of the nursing home. We have also sealed it on Sunday. Strict action will be taken against anybody who does like this.”

In the video, the staff member can be heard saying that the medical facility will provide a Corona negative report for Rs 2,500.

Meerut Chief Medical Officer (CMO) Dr Raj Kumar said, “A man from the hospital can be heard saying that he can arrange Corona negative report and the patient can get his operation done. We have identified the man and a FIR has been registered.”

The video also shows the ‘clients’ giving Rs 2,000 to the hospital manager and promising to pay the remaining Rs 500 when the report arrives.

Kumar said, “From the video, it has emerged that the hospital’s manager, Shah Alam, is promising people a fake COVID-19 negative report in exchange for money.”

Notably, Meerut has reported a total of 1,117 cases so far, out of which 69 died and 772 recovered.

UP has recorded a total of 28,061 cases — 785 deaths and 18,761 recoveries — so far.

With a maximum of 2,785 positive cases reported till Sunday, Gautam Buddha Nagar was on the top of the state’s COVID-19 list. Ghaziabad, with 2,224 cases, stood at the second position followed by Lucknow with 1,448 cases, Kanpur Nagar with 1,364 cases and Agra with 1,291 cases.

Continue Reading

Trending