The Supreme Court on Saturday pronounced its verdict in the politically sensitive case of Ram Janmabhoomi-Babri Masjid land dispute in Ayodhya. The five-judge constitution bench headed by Chief Justice Ranjan Gogoi, includes Justices SA Bobde, DY Chandrachud, Ashok Bhushan and S Abdul Nazeer.
The Ayodhya dispute, India’s longest-running historical, political and socio-religious debate, culminated on Saturday when the country’s Supreme Court ruled on the title suit of the 2.77 acre land in this Uttar Pradesh town that is claimed both by Hindus and Muslims.
There was unprecedented security in Uttar Pradesh as well as other parts of India with Prime Minister Narendra Modi stating that the judgement would not be anyone’s ‘victory or defeat’ but ‘would give strength to India’s tradition of peace, unity and amity’.
Here are highlights from the verdict:
* Sharp at 10.30 am, the 5-judge bench assembled to read out the verdict.
* The bench dismissed the appeal of the Shia Waqf Board, pronouncing an unanimous verdict in the case. Shia Waqf board’s claim was over the disputed structure. Court says the land is held by the government, according to revenue records.
* SC said the disputed land was government land in revenue records.
* SC referred to the content of the lawsuit of devotee Gopal Singh Visharad — the first to approach court in 1950 — seeking right to worship at the site.
* Top court held that Nirmohi Akhara’s suit is barred by limitation, not a shebait or devotee of deity Ram Lalla.
* SC lent credence to the archeological evidence on the disputed site.
* SC said that terming the archeological evidence as merely an opinion would be a great disservice to the Archeological Society of India.
* The Apex court said the Babri mosque was not built on vacant land. The underlying structure was not an Islamic structure.
* Court said the fact that there lied a temple beneath the destroyed structure has been established by the ASI.
* ASI had not established whether temple was demolished to build the mosque.
* Hindus consider this place as birthplace of lord Ram, even Muslims say this about disputed place: SC
* Faith of Hindus that Lord Rama was born at demolished structure is undisputed: SC
* The existence of Sita Rasoi, Ram Chabutra and Bhandar grih are the testimony of the religious fact of the place: SC
* Title cannot be established on ground of faith, belief; they are kind of indicator for deciding dispute: SC
* Evidence suggests Hindus were in possession of outer court yard, says SC
* Extensive nature of Hindus worshipping at outer courtyard at site has been there: SC
* Evidence suggest Muslims offered Friday prayers at mosque which indicates they have not lost possession: SC
* Despite obstruction caused in offering prayers at mosque, evidence suggest that there was no abandonment: SC
* Iron railing was set up at site in 1856-1857, it suggests Hindus kept worshipping at the site: SC
* Muslims have not adduced evidence they were in exclusive possession of dispute site: SC
* Muslims were not in possession of outer courtyard of the site: SC
* UP Sunni Central Waqf Board has failed to establish its case in Ayodhya dispute: SC
* On the contrary, Hindus established their case that they were in possession of outer courtyard: SC
* SC directs allotment of alternative land — of 5 acres — to Muslims to build new mosque.
* Damage to Babri mosque was violation of law: SC
* SC asks Centre to frame scheme within 3 months and set up a trust for construction of a temple.
* SC dismisses plea of Nirmohi Akhara seeking control of entire disputed land.
* Possession of disputed 2.77 acre land will remain with central government receiver for the temple: SC
* Centre, UP govt can monitor together future actions by authorities: SC
* SC grants entire 2.77 acre of disputed land in Ayodhya to deity Ram Lalla.
* SC directs Centre and UP govt to allot 5 acre land to the Muslims at a prominent place for building mosque.
* SC asks Centre to consider granting some kind of representation to Nirmohi Akhara in setting up of trust.
IRCTC is starting its luxury train ‘Golden Chriot’ from tomorrow
IRCTC, the online ticket booking arm of Indian Railways, is going to start services of its luxury train Golden Chariot once again. Officials said that we would like to inform you that IRCTC is going to conduct the voyages through Golden Chariot again from tomorrow on 14 March 2O21. The train operated by the Karnataka State Tourism Development Corporation (KSTDC) was temporarily closed last year due to a lack of passengers.
According to IRCTC, three packages have been kept on the train. This train will start from Bengaluru and return to Bengaluru via Tamil Nadu, Karnataka, Kerala and Goa. The booking of which can be done through the official website of the luxury train.
The Golden Chariot is equipped with padded furniture, renovated rooms and bathrooms, new linen and cutlery. This luxury train also has a smart TV with a Wi-Fi facility. Apart from this, security features like CCTV and fire protection have also been upgraded in the train. The food menu of the train has also been prepared in a new way. All safety standards will be followed in the wake of corona infection.
Cristiano Ronaldo’s comment inflicted heavy loss for the Coca-Cola company, lost 4 billion dollars in a single day
‘I enjoyed captaining team India’: Indian Team Vice Captain Ajinkya Rahane
Anushka cried after listening to Kohli’s song, you too will get emotional after watching the video
TVS iQube scooter prices fall, Modi government’s decision on FAME 2 scheme yields results
Actor Disha Patani sizzles in pink strapless bikini: See pics
What are the simalarities between PUBG Mobile and Battlegrounds Mobile India? Find out here
Chinese giant Huawei plans to launch driverless cars by 2025
Huge update regarding launch of Battlegrounds Mobile India: This is all we know
Krafton teases first look of Battlegrounds Mobile India: Watch video
Apple Watch will be given post booking this electric vehicle of Kia, will cover112 km in just 5 minutes of charge
IPL 20202 UPDATE: KXIP vs MI IPL Dream11 Team Prediction for Today Match, Update Point Table of all Team.
In a Live debate AAP leader Syed Asad Abbas hurls abuses to BJP spokesperson Nupur Sharma.
‘India’s Most Wanted’ trailer out Arjun Kapoor on hunt of Osama-Bin-Laden
Time to move on: Sonakshi on Shatrughan’s joining Congress
Kangana’s sister Rangoli cheers for Deepika’s ‘CHHAPAAK’
Business2 days ago
New update on PUBG mobile India, users can link their previous season records in the new game
Business2 days ago
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3 launch date leaked; Galaxy Z Flip 3 may also launch on the same day
Entertainment23 hours ago
Actor Urvashi Rautela takes Mud Bath shares photo on Instagram: Watch here
Corona2 days ago
UP’s daily covid cases dips below 500, CM Yogi’s Triple T strategy limited the transmission of the virus
Corona2 days ago
87 oxygen plants made functional by the Yogi government, state will now become self-reliant for oxygen
Entertainment23 hours ago
Krafton hints release date of Battlegrounds Mobile India: See here
Automobile22 hours ago
Get benefits upto Rs 10,000 on purchasing Apache RTR 200 4V: Read offer here
Automobile1 day ago
Great News! Soon get your driving license while sitting at home