Connect with us

Entertainment

Arbaz and Malaika opened up on their divorce.

Published

on

Malaika Arora and Arbaaz Khan, who got married in 1998, were granted divorce by the Bandra family court in Mumbai, on Thursday, thus ending their 18-year-long marriage. The couple, who had filed for divorce last November after living separately for a while, arrived in the same car for their final divorce proceedings. None of their family members were spotted with them at the court.

The custody of their son Arhaan will reportedly remain with Malaika, while Arbaaz will have access to his son whenever he wants.

For a long time, Arbaaz and Malaika, remained tight-lipped about the reasons behind their divorce, but the two are gradually opening up about it. In a recent interview to Deccan Chronicle, Arbaaz said that just because they have parted ways doesn’t necessarily mean they are obligated to hate each other.

“We have been together for so many years, and shared so many memories. Most importantly we have kids together, so there’s a respect for each other. There was something that did not work between us so we got separated. However, this doesn’t mean that we will hate each other. We are mature individuals; we are dealing with it with respect and dignity,” Arbaaz said in the interview.

 

The actor-producer further said that their son, Arhaan, has kept them close. “I have a good equation with her side of the family too. So if we could not live amicably under one roof, we decided to lead our lives separately. Our son has kept us bonded, and when he grows up everything will be better,” he added.

Malaika and Arbaaz were married in 1998. They announced separation in March, 2016 and were granted divorce by the Bandra family court in May, last year.

Meanwhile, Arbaaz has made his relationship with Giorgia Andriani official. Malaika, on the other hand, is dating Bollywood actor Arjun Kapoor.

Entertainment

Musician slams Air India for breaking his sitar on flight to New York

Published

on

By

Indian classical musician Shubhendra Rao accused state owned airline, Air India of breaking his sitar while he was travelling to New York for a concert. Shubhendra took to Facebook on Friday night in a lengthy to accuse the airline of mishandling his sitar and said the staff should be sensitised on how to handle the music instruments.

“There it happens again!!!! My Sitar has been vandalised once again, this time by our own #AirIndia!! Just arrived in New York to perform at the #VedicHeritageInc and this is how my Sitar has arrived. How can anyone be so ruthless and insensitive? For sure, this has been slit open because there is no way the sitar would break in this fashion. I know many people will come out in support and suggest many things but the simple truth is that airlines and their staff need to be sensitised towards how to handle music instruments.

“WHEN DOES THIS STOP??? How can any artist survive if airlines keep breaking their instruments whenever they travel? These days, no one asks me how I am after a journey. They always ask me how my instrument is!!

“I had started a petition on www.change.org about 2yrs ago, fighting for the right of artists like me who continue to suffer at the hands of these stupid airlines. Even got a lot of support but eventually, nothing happened since the powers-to-be continue to remain insensitive towards arts and artists. Minister for Civil Aviation #HardeepSinghPuri, Civil Aviation Secretary #PradeepSinghKarola, CMD of Air India #AshwaniLohani—Please note that #injustice has happened on our own national carrier and someone needs to take responsibility for this callousness and something drastic needs to be done so that we artists do not continue to suffer, be it at the hands of #AirIndia or any other airlines.

Continue Reading

Trending