Connect with us

National

PUBG taking lives away.

Published

on

Haryana: PUBG and PUBG Mobile have been at the center of controversy not just in India but internationally as well. Numerous incidents with the game have portrayed it in poor light.

Recently, a 17-year-old boy from Jind, Haryana has committed suicide for not being allowed to play PUBG Mobile. The boy’s mother apparently scolded him and asked him to stop playing the game. Following this, she took away his mobile phone. The boy was a class X dropout from last year. Since then his family complained that he spent too much time playing PUBG

The father of the boy works as a policeman. He said the mother apparently scolded him for dropping out of school and playing the game all day. He said, “I was on duty on Saturday evening when my wife found him playing PUBG in his room and snatched his mobile phone. She found him hanging in the room the next morning.”

The local police have not received a complaint in the matter, although they are looking into it.

Several incidents like this are happening worldwide. Many countries like Nepal, Iraq have banned the game, while parents in UAE continue to demand a ban. The Indian state of Gujarat briefly banned PUBG Mobile last year. But the ban has since been lifted.

Feature

Crime against women: Posters of guilty to be displayed in UP

Published

on

By

Eve-teasers, those guilty of crime against women and habitual offenders in cases of sex-related crimes will now find their posters on road crossings in Uttar Pradesh.

According to the government spokesman, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath has directed officials to launch ‘Operation Durachari’ to check crime against women.

“The Chief Minister has directed that women police personnel should be asked to take firm action against such offenders and their photographs should be pasted on crossings in order to name and shame them,” the spokesman said.

The Chief Minister further said that people should know who are the persons who are vitiating the atmosphere in society and indulging in crime against women.

He further said that in case any incident related to crime against women takes place, the beat in-charge, chowki in-charge, station officer and the circle officer would be held responsible.

The Chief Minister also ordered that anti-Romeo squads should be further activated and strengthened so that the strategy to check crime against women becomes increasingly effective.

It may be recalled that the Yogi Adityanath government had pasted photographs of anti-CAA protesters on crossings in Lucknow in an attempt to name and shame them just before the national lockdown was announced.

Continue Reading

Trending