Connect with us

Business

Anil Ambani plans to withdraw defamation suits against Cong, Herald

Published

on

Anil Ambani, Reliance Group, Reliance Defence, Reliance Infrastructure, Reliance Aerostructure, Defamation suits, Congress, National Herald, Rafale fighter jet deal, Rafale fighter jet, Business news

Ahmedabad: The Reliance Group chairman Anil Ambani has decided to withdraw the Rs 5,000-crore civil defamation suits filed in an Ahmedabad court against Congress leaders and National Herald newspaper over their statements and an article on the controversial Rafale fighter jet deal.

The suits were being heard in the court of city civil and sessions judge P J Tamakuwala.

“We have intimated the defendants that we are going to withdraw the suits against them,” the complainant’s lawyer, Rasesh Parikh, told media persons on Tuesday.

P S Champaneri, the lawyer representing the National Herald and some other defendants, said he was told by the Reliance Group’s counsel that he received instructions from his client to withdraw the defamation suits against them.

 

Anil Ambani, Reliance Group, Reliance Defence, Reliance Infrastructure, Reliance Aerostructure, Defamation suits, Congress, National Herald, Rafale fighter jet deal, Rafale fighter jet, Business news

 

The formal process to withdraw the suits will be taken up in the court when it resumes after the summer vacation, Champaneri said.

Reliance Defence, Reliance Infrastructure and Reliance Aerostructure-part of the Anil Ambani-owned Reliance Group-had earlier filed civil defamation suits against Congress leaders including Sunil Jakhar, Randeep Singh Surjewala, Oommen Chandy, Ashok Chavan, Abhishek Manu Singhvi, Sanjay Nirupam and Shaktisinh Gohil, and some journalists and news organisations like the National Herald.

The defamation suits were also filed against the National Herald’s editor Zafar Agha, and Vishwadeepak, the author of a news article published by it.

 

Reliance Group chairman to withdraw defamation suits against Cong, Herald:

 

Before going for summer vacation, the court was hearing applications moved by the defendants questioning the territorial jurisdiction of the court in Ahmedabad to hear such suits.

The complainants said the defendants made libelous and derogatory statements against the Reliance Group and its chairman Anil Ambani pertaining to the Rafale fighter jet deal and his firms.

They asked the defendants to “cease and desist” from levelling allegations against the company in connection with the Rafale deal.

 

Anil Ambani, Reliance Group, Reliance Defence, Reliance Infrastructure, Reliance Aerostructure, Defamation suits, Congress, National Herald, Rafale fighter jet deal, Rafale fighter jet, Business news

 

The defamation suit filed against the National Herald pertained to an article published by it, titled ‘Anil Ambani floated Reliance Defence 10 days before Modi announced Rafale deal’.

The article “misleads the general public to believe that undue business favours are being extended to them by the government of the day,” the petition said.

It conveys a “negative image” and “adversely affects the public perception” of Reliance Group and its chairman Ambani, it said.

It has caused “considerable damage” to the reputation and goodwill of plaintiff firms, it said, seeking damages of Rs 5,000 crore.

 

Business

Tesla bags 200,000 orders for its futuristic ”Cybertruck”

Published

on

By

New Delhi: Elon Musk is back with a bang with his all-new “Cybertruck”. Irrespective of the controversies the all-new Tesla Cybertruck has gathered, it is one of the most radical wheels that has gone on sale in recent times and is becoming quite popular by the day.

Elon Musk took to Twitter to share that Tesla has already received 200k orders since the launch of the “Cybertruck” which was actually 3 days ago(22 November).

Tesla Cybertruck’s production is expected to begin in late 2020. The electric pickup truck is available in three trims — single motor RWD with a range of over 250 miles, dual-motor AWD with a range of more than 300 miles and tri-motor AWD with a range in the north of 500 miles.

The single motor RWD variant of the Cybertruck can go from 0 to 60 mph in below 6.5 seconds and has a towing capacity of over 7,500 pounds, while the dual-motor AWD trim can make 0-60 mph in under 4.5 seconds and boasts of a towing capacity of more than 10,000 pounds. Tesla claims that the tri-motor AWD variant of the vehicle is good for 0-60 mph in less than 2.9 seconds and gets a towing capacity of 14,000 pounds.

Given its relative performance and price, the Cybertruck could be a massive success for Tesla as it enters into the largest segment in the US market. Almost three million pickups were sold to consumers in 2018. If Tesla can carve off a tiny sliver of that, it’ll go a long way toward taking Tesla’s annual sales to the next level.

Continue Reading

Trending