Connect with us


Missing election officer in Bengal found safe



The nodal election officer who went missing at Ranaghat in West Bengal’s Nadia district was found on Thursday, a senior police officer said.

“Arnab Roy was traced near the Howrah station. He is fine and presently he is with his in-laws in Howrah. The reason for his disappearance will be clear after further investigation,” Deputy Inspector General of Police Nishat Parvez said.
Image result for Missing election officer in Bengal found safe
Roy was in charge of EVMs and VVPATs and went missing on April 18.

Asked about his disappearance, the Special Observer for West Bengal, Ajay V. Nayak, had told reporters: “I think it has something to do with his personal life and probably he was in depression.”

But Roy’s wife Anisha Jash denied that her husband was suffering from any kind of depression.


Woman, three children die in fire in UP village



Banda, Dec 26 : Three children and their mother were burnt to death in a fire which spread from a bonfire in Dubey Purva Mau village in Banda district of Uttar Pradesh.

Additional Superintendent of Police, Mahendra Pratap Chauhan, said, “Kallu, a resident of Dubey Purva village in Marka police station area in Banda district is a daily wager from Jaipur, Rajasthan. He lived there along with his wife and three children. The sparks emanating from the bonfire lit due to the cold gutted the entire house. Possible other reasons behind the fire are also being probed.”

According to the locals, the villagers raised an alarm when they saw the flames engulfing Kallu’s house. By the time they were able to break open the door, the entire house had turned into rubble. There was only burnt debris and smoke everywhere. On receiving information, the police arrived and the fire brigade too reached the site.

Villagers said the mother and her three children were burnt to death in the fire in the kuccha house which began from a bonfire. The police and the fire brigade personnel put out the fire and removed the bodies from the rubble.

The Sub-Divisional Magistrate said prima facie the cause of the fire appears to be the sparks from the bonfire. But only an investigation can confirm the actual reason.

Continue Reading