Connect with us

Feature

India rejects Pakistan’s irresponsible allegation of planning to again attack on its soil

Published

on

India, Pakistan, Pulwama attack, Airstrike, Surgical strike, CRPF jawan, CRPF troopers, CRPF soldiers, CRPF convoy, Jammu and Kashmir, World news

New Delhi: India on Sunday rejected as “irresponsible and preposterous” Pakistan’s statement that New Delhi will attack it again and accused Islamabad of trying to whip up war hysteria in the region.

“India rejects the irresponsible and preposterous statement by the Foreign Minister of Pakistan with a clear objective of whipping up war hysteria in the region,” Raveesh Kumar, the spokesperson of the Ministry of External Affairs, said in a statement.

“This public gimmick appears to be a call to Pakistan-based terrorists to undertake terror attack in India,” he said.

Pakistan has been advised to use the established diplomatic channels to “share actionable and credible intelligence” it has about terror attacks, he added.

“India reserves the right to respond firmly and decisively to cross-border terrorist attack,” the spokesman said, adding said it has been made clear to Pakistan that it cannot absolve itself of responsibility of a cross border terrorist attack in India.

 

India rejects irresponsible statement of Pakistan’s blame of conducting attack on its soil:

 

“No attempt at creating an alibi for its complicity in such attacks will succeed. Pakistan needs to take credible and irreversible steps against terrorism operating from all territories under its control rather than making hysterical statements to obfuscate the core issue that bedevils our region: cross-border terrorism.”

Earlier, Pakistan Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi said India was planning to attack Pakistan after staging a “mishap” in Jammu and Kashmir and this could happen between April 16 and 20.

Qureshi told the media that Islamabad had “reliable intelligence that India is devising a new plan” to attack Pakistan.

“I am speaking responsibly, I hold a position of responsibility, and I know the words I utter will be picked up by the international media,” he said.

 

Feature

Trump knew exactly what was going on: Giuliani aide

Published

on

By

Washington: An aide to Rudy Giuliani, Donald Trump’s personal lawyer, has said that the US President “knew exactly what was going on” regarding efforts to pressure Ukraine into investigating Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden and his son, it was reported on Thursday.

Ukrainian-American businessman Lev Parnass, who is facing separate criminal charges, made the comments in an interview with MSNBC on Wednesday after letters, phone records, notes and flash drives were obtained from him earlier this week, the BBC said in a report.

Documents show that the Ukraine-born Parnas was in regular contact with Giuliani as well as Ukrainian officials, and suggests that the businessman was directly involved in trying to have Ukraine’s President Volodymyr Zelensky look into the Bidens.

In the interview, Parnas said Trump was “aware of all my movements”.

“I wouldn’t do anything without the consent of Rudy Giuliani or the President. Why would President Zelensky’s inner circle or (Interior) Minister (Arsen) Avakov or all these people or (former) President (Petro) Poroshenko meet with me?

“Who am I? They were told to meet with me. And that’s the secret that they’re trying to keep. I was on the ground doing their work,” he added.

Parnas further said that the President was lying and knew that unless there was an investigation into Joe Biden and his son Hunter, who was a director of a Ukrainian gas company, military aid to Kiev would be withheld.

He also claimed that the investigation was about digging up dirt on Joe Biden.

Meanwhile, some of the materials obtained show Parnas and Giuliani discussing the removal of Marie Yovanovitch, the then US ambassador to Ukraine, said the BBC report.

In Wednesday’s interview, Parnas claimed the only motivation to get Yovanovitch removed from her post was because she was in the way of the effort to get Ukraine to announce an investigation into Joe Biden.

Trump was impeached by the Democrat-controlled US House of Representatives on December 18, 2019 and is accused of abuse of power and obstruction of Congress.

The two articles of impeachment were sent to the Republican-majority Senate on Wednesday night, paving the way for the starting of a trial against the President.

Continue Reading

Trending