Connect with us

Feature

Banned Australia skipper Steve Smith eyes comeback in 2019 ICC World Cup

Published

on

Steve Smith, Former Australian skipper, ICC World Cup, Cricket World Cup, Cricket news, Sports news

Melbourne: Banned for a year for his role in the ball tampering scandal earlier this year, former Australia skipper Steve Smith is eyeing a return to the side as the Kangaroos prepare to defend their title at the upcoming 50-over ICC World Cup in England and Wales next year.

With Smith’s ban slated to end in March 2019, the 29-year-old is focussed on putting the next three months to good use and has been playing club cricket for Sutherland.

 

Steve Smith, Former Australian skipper, ICC World Cup, Cricket World Cup, Cricket news, Sports news

 

“At the moment I am pretty content with where I am at,” Smith was quoted as saying by the International Cricket Council (ICC) website.

“We’ll see what the future will hold. The next three months is about just preparing as well as I can to hopefully be a part of the World Cup and the Ashes,” he added.

Smith also heaped praises on his successor Tim Paine for guiding the Australians to a fantastic win over India in the second Test at Perth — their first since the first Test of the four-match series in South Africa, in Durban.

 

Former Australia skipper Steve Smith eyes to comeback for Kangaroo in World Cup:

 

In between, the Australians lost the last two Tests on that tour of South Africa, lost the two-match Test series in the UAE and then lost the opening Test at home against India in Adelaide.

“Tim Paine has done an exceptional job and (so has) Aaron Finch taking over the one-day side,” Smith said.

 

Steve Smith, Former Australian skipper, ICC World Cup, Cricket World Cup, Cricket news, Sports news

 

“He’s had a tough start to that with the performances of the team. If I get back and play under them I will do everything I can to help them out and help Australia have success.”

“It’s been tough at times, particularly when the boys haven’t played their best in a couple of games and it’s been hard watching and not knowing I can go out and help them,” Smith added.

 

Feature

Vikas Dubey made Chambal ravines his hideout

Published

on

By

Vikas Dubey, a history sheeter who brutally murdered eight policemen in Uttar Pradesh’s Kanpur, is still far from being arrested by the police. Hundreds of police teams are looking for him. At the same time, SSB has also been alerted on the state’s border with Nepal but no clue is available.

Meanwhile, the former DGP of UP, Vikram Singh said that the way the last location of Vikas Dubey has been traced in Auraiya, then it is very likely that he has caught the path of Chambal’s rugged route through Etawah. Agra can be reached through the rugged interior. After reaching Agra, it becomes easy to enter MP and Rajasthan.

In the case of notorious criminals, it is often seen that due to the setting, it becomes difficult for the two state police to become a co-ordinator or the other state police conducts a search operation to show themselves, but the criminal is hiding there.

Significantly, in the Bikeru village of Chaubepur, Kanpur, a bloody encounter took place between the police and Vikas Dubey’s gang on Thursday – Friday night. The police team reached Vikas Dubey’s raid here. Here Vikas Dubey along with his gang attacked the police, in which eight soldiers were martyred.

Continue Reading

Trending