Connect with us

Feature

SC reserves order on plea in Ayodhya case against BJP leaders

Published

on

Supreme Court, Ram Mandir, Babri Masjid, Ayodhya case, LK Advani, Uma Bharti, Murli Manohar Joshi, BJP leaders, National news

New Delhi: The Supreme Court today reserved its order on a petition seeking restoration of conspiracy charges against senior BJP leaders including L K Advani, M M Joshi and Uma Bharti in the Babri Masjid demolition case.

The apex court will also decide whether the trial of the VVIP accused can be transferred from a court in Rae Bareli to Lucknow.

 

 

There were two sets of cases relating the demolition of the disputed structure on December 6, 1992. The first involved unnamed ‘karsevaks’, the trial in which is taking place in a Lucknow court in Lucknow, while the second set of cases relates to the VVIPs in a Rae Bareli court.

A bench comprising Justices P C Ghose and R F Nariman also indicated that they may order holding of joint trial of the two sets of cases by transferring the trial from Raebareli to a Lucknow court.

The bench also said since 25 years have already passed, in the interest of justice it will consider ordering a timebound trial on day-to-day basis, to be completed preferably within two years.

 

 

Senior advocate K K Venugopal, appearing for Advani and Joshi, vociferously opposed the proposal for holding joint trial and transferring their case from Rae Bareli to Lucknow.

The CBI clarified that it was not making any submission on the issue of the trial of the VVIP accused but restricting itself to restoration of the charge of conspiracy against the accused.

Senior advocate Kapil Sibal, appearing for one of the intervenors, supported the proposal for a joint trial, contending the two sets of cases had arisen from one incident which allegedly involved single conspiracy.

The apex court also gave opportunity to all the parties to file their written submission by Tuesday.

The apex court had earlier decided to examine the appeal against dropping of conspiracy charge against Advani, Joshi, Uma Bharti and 10 others.

 

Feature

Vivo grabs 2nd spot in India smartphone market for 1st time

Published

on

By

New Delhi: Chinese smartphone maker Vivo created history by grabbing the second spot in the Indian smartphone market for the first time in the fourth quarter of the calendar year 2019.

Vivo captured 21 per cent market share to reach the second spot as Samsung slipped to third place with 19 per cent market share. Xiaomi was at No 1 position with 27 per cent share in Q4 2019, according to Counterpoint Research.

OPPO and Realme were other players in the top 5 list, with 12 per cent and 8 per cent market share, respectively.

Vivo grew 76 per cent (year-on-year) in the full year 2019Aand 134 per cent YoY in Q4 2019, driven by good performance of its budget segment series.

“Also, by successfully pivoting to online and aggressively positioning the S series in the offline segment with new features, it managed to make a dent in the Rs 15,000 Rs 20,000 segment,” said Tarun Pathak, Associate Director, Counterpoint.

Due to this, Vivo captured the second spot for the first time in India’s smartphone market.

According to Nipun Marya, Director-Brand Strategy, Vivo India, the goal of the company is not only to launch new devices, but also provide customers better after-sales service experience, which is the key motto of the company.

“We are deeply focused on bringing new innovations to stay ahead in the smartphone segment,” Marya told IANS.

“My aim is to give world-class after sales service to my consumers. I also thank them for maintaining their trust in the brand,” he added.

Over the past four years, Vivo has grown 24 times in the Indian market.

Vivo has presence in over 70,000 retail outlets across the country.

Continue Reading

Trending