Connect with us

World

Angelina Jolie questioned by FBI

Published

on

Angelina Jolie questioned by FBILos Angeles : Actress Angelina Jolie was questioned by the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) for four hours over her estranged husband and actor Brad Pitt’s private plane incident.

Pitt is alleged to have gotten “verbally abusive” and “physical” with their son Maddox, 15, while under the influence of alcohol during a flight on September 14 and Jolie filed for divorce just days later.

After an anonymous source reported the alleged incident, the FBI got involved as they have jurisdiction because the incident occurred in mid-air.

“The agents wanted a breakdown of everything that happened from when the plane took off to when it landed. Angelina fully cooperated,” a source told usmagazine.com.

The source added that the FBI “will likely investigate for another few weeks”. After that they “will present the case to the prosecutor, who will evaluate whether they feel the need to bring charges. It could potentially be months”.

Yet both Pitt and Jolie are eager to avoid a court case, with the source explaining: “Neither side wants this to go to court because everything the FBI and DCFS (Department of Children and Family Services) investigated will potentially be made available to the public, which would be bad for the entire family.”

It was later reported that “Maddox suffered no injuries and some witnesses on the jet say Brad’s contact with the boy was inadvertent”.

Meanwhile, it has been reported that DCFS have extended their investigation into Pitt.

The two and their children — Maddox, Pax, 12, Zahara, 11, Shiloh, 10, and eight-year-old twins Knox and Vivienne — have all been previously interviewed. The DCFS has now expanded its investigation to other alleged incidents.

Jolie and Pitt have agreed on a parenting plan, giving the actress temporary physical custody over the children with Pitt allowed to visit them under the supervision of a therapist.

Top News

20 killed in Turkey earthquake

Published

on

By

Ankara: At least 20 people were killed and 1,015 others injured after a massive earthquake measuring 6.8 on the Richter scale jolted eastern Turkey, authorities said on Saturday.

The quake hit the Elazig province at 8.55 p.m. on Friday night, with its epicentre in Sivrice district, along with neighbouring provinces and countries including Syria and Georgia, reports Anadolu News Agency.

The Disaster and Emergency Management Presidency (AFAD) said that most of the injured were reported in Elazig (560).

The search and rescue operations were continuing and the death toll could rise, Health Minister Fahrettin Koca told reporters on Saturday.

Interior Minister Suleyman Soylu said the injured were transferred to hospitals and facilities have been opened to serve those who have been affected.

The AFAD said 118 aftershocks, with magnitudes ranging from 2.7 to 5.4, were felt following the initial temblor.

National Defence Minister Hulusi Akar said the army was ready to step into action if necessary.

The quake was also felt in other provinces including Adana, Osmaniye, Tunceli and Hatay, said Anadolu News Agency.

In addition, northern Syrian regions including Idlib, Azaz, Al-Bab, Jarabulus, Afrin and Tal Abyad also felt the tremors.

This is not the first quake to hit Turkey in 2020.

A 5.4-magnitude quake jolted western province of Manisa on Wednesday, while Ankara was rattled by a 4.5-magnitude temblor on Thursday.

A total of 51 people were killed in 2010 when a 6.0-magnitude quake had hit Elazig province.

Continue Reading

Trending