Salman didn't threat me at IIFA: Vivek Oberoi
Friday, Jun 4 2010 10:47PM IST
Mumbai: Bollywood actor Vivek Oberoi Friday rubbished reports of Salman Khan snubbing him at the ongoing International Indian Film Academy (IIFA) Awards, saying there were better things to talk about during the ceremony than just spread rumours out of the blue."Who told you this?" questioned Vivek when asked what he had to say about the whole episode. On the inaugural day Thursday, Vivek was the host of the "IIFA Foundation Fashion Extravaganza" with Dia Mirza. There were reports that Salman refused to be introduced by Vivek, the anchor of the night, and got Anil Kapoor to introduce him instead. "'Aap log kyun itni chhoti si baat ka itna bada issue bana rahein ho?' (Why are you making fuss about such a small incident)" Vivek asked reporters here. "Even when I will be a 70-year-old man, you will ask me such questions that have nothing to do with me or you will create situations to write about it, " he added. The actor said the media should concentrate on so many good initiatives and talks taking place at IIFA and not on such silly stuff. The war between the two actors started when Vivek called a press conference in 2003 to announce that he had been receiving threatening calls from Salman over Aishwarya Rai. Vivek was dating Aishwarya that time. Ever since that episode, Salman has not forgiven Vivek despite several public apologies by the latter.