Summer can be fun when one knows how to take good care of the skin and hair the right way because staying indoors is not always possible. We can protect our skin from the harmful UV rays by putting together some simple natural ingredients that are available in every household!
Austin, Head – Research and Development, Cholayil Private Limited and Omkar Kulkarni, Head – Research and Development, Netsurf Network share some important Ayurvedic tips for tackling skin issues in summer.
* Skin hydration is the key: Ayurveda mentions that ‘Snigdhata’ (meaning internal hydration) of the body is the key to fight multiple skin related issues. One should schedule water drinking reminders across the day. Carry a water bottle to avoid thirsty outings and travels. Replace aerated drinks, tea and coffee with coconut water, thandai, kokum sharbat, lemon juice, buttermilk, khas drink, sugarcane juice, etc.
* Mind the heat: According to Ayurveda, the basic reason behind blood impurification and skin disorders is sudden temperature changes. Avoid stepping out directly from Air conditioned atmosphere into harsh sun and vice-versa.
* Try ayurvedic DIY (Do it Yourself) face mask: Use multani mitti face mask in combination with milk for dry skin, honey for oily skin & water for normal skin. This will improve the natural glow of the skin. One can also try a homemade face pack with smash boiled potatoes with 2 Tbsp of lemon juice to lighten the skin color and to give it a natural glow.
* Spice up your life: Cinnamon has great anti-microbial properties. Powder it and mix with 1 tablespoon of honey and sugar granules. Use this mixture as a natural scrub to remove the dead skin from the face.
* Coat skin with layers of Aloevera and cucumber: Skin toners are very important for people with oily or acne-prone skin as it cleanse the skin and closes the pores by tightening the cell gaps. Preparing a toner depending on your skin type will have a great effect. Mix Apple Cider Vinegar and water in 1:1 ratio and add half cup of green tea and cucumber juice and Aloe Vera gel. Shake it well and then apply it on the skin to soothe and to repair the skin.
HOLI 2020! Host The Most Amazing And Fun Holi Party At Home
If you are hosting a Holi party at home, first make your walls stain-proof and then decorate the open area with flowers and colourful dupattas, suggest experts.
David Teng, General Manager at Decorative Paints, South Asia Cluster, AkzoNobel India; Pramitha Maria Roche, Assistant Design Manager at HomeLane.com; and Vibhor Jain, Director at ArgentOr Silver, have given a few inputs:
* It is advisable to remove all the stains from the walls by using a damp cloth.
If this does not work, then simply roll over the dirty spots on the exterior walls with the same paint colour.
To reduce the noticeability of the brush strokes on the wall, try to move the brush in multiple directions, working from the centre outward in each direction.
* Since removing colours and stains from wooden furniture is a tedious task, cover all your home furniture with old bedsheets and curtains to protect the beauty of your furniture.
The main gate of the home is also susceptible to colour stains with the arrival of guests to play Holi. The oil coating will keep it stain-free and you can wipe off the doorknob with water and soft cloth.
* For decorating your home for the Holi party you plan on hosting, use colourful dupattas to braid and hang them in order to make your threshold look bright and welcoming.
* Pick up beautiful floor patterns (rangoli) which are made using bead works and paper from the market for that instant splash of colour.
* Decorate your abode with flowers which will liven up the ambience.
* If you are passionate about drinks and love to experiment with it, then creating a home bar should be on your to-do list. Silverware bar accessories will help you to create a space that’s original, functional and striking enough that will highlight the centrepiece of your home.
* Just as the vases are the centrepiece of the living room, so is the dining table of the dining room.
* A candle holder can be placed as a centrepiece on a beautiful table runner.